Coral Explorers 2018
May 30th to June 10th
Who needs a Reef ID book.. when you can have the real thing?
Join us for our annual Coral Explorer’s trip, and learn valuable coral ecologogy, conservation and ID skills while immersing yourself in the biodiverse waters of Raja Ampat, at the heart of the Coral Triangle!
Do you love diving and snorkelling? Do you love to immerse yourself into the vibrant world of coral reefs and all the life they hold? Are you fascinated by all the incredible diversity – from soft corals to sea-mounts and sea sponges to sea fans – and find yourself wondering more about the extra-ordinary worlds within?
If this is you, then join us at for our annual Coral Explorers trip, and give yourself the opportunity to learn more!
CLICK HERE for more detailed information about or contact email@example.com to book.
From May 30th to June 10th, 2018 we will be hosting an exclusive trip that will submerge you in a fully interactive learning experience that will enable you to discover more about coral reefs – the oceans life support system.
Over 10 days, participants will be lead through a series of dives and lectures by world leading coral experts including Russell Kelley; marine scientist, geologist, educator, film-maker and author, Dr Rachel Pears; Marine Park manager on the Great Barrier Reef with expertise in coral resilience, sustainable fisheries and reef surveys, and SEA Centre's marine biologist and field scientist, Arnaud Brival.
The Coral Explorers trip will a number of cover topics including:
- Coral Reefs: The Past, Present and Future
- Coral Reef Ecology: How do reefs “work”, and why are they so important?
- The Origins of Raja Ampat: how did it get here?
- Why Are There So Many Species in Raja Ampat?
- What IS That Thing? how to identify marine creatures.. without being a marine biologist!
- Marine Protected Areas (MPAs): why we need them and why they matter. Raja Amat’s MPA network.
- Raja Ampat SEA Centre: an overview of the work of SEA Centre in Raja Ampat, including how you can be involved during your stay AND once you return home!
PLUS a range of other presentations that will enhance increase your understanding, fascination and appreciation of the world’s coral reefs, and ultimately improve your diving experience!
- Return transfer from Sorong to Papua Explorers Resort
- 11 nights dive package (4 air or nitrox dives per day, tanks and weights included)
- Day trip to Penemu Islands (including Melissa’s Garden – the most pristine coral gardens in the region)
- Accommodation (double, single or triple room) at Papua Explorers Resort
- 3 meals per day, morning and afternoon snack
- Evening presentations by marine biologists
- Scientific diving (x1 per day, most days)
- Raja Ampat SEA Centre t-shirt
- Reef Finder Kit (to help you ID marine species whilst diving)
- International and/or domestic flights
- Marine park entry fee
- Dive gear rental (if needed)
- Alcoholic Beverages, Soft Drinks
- Diving & Travel Insurance
Day trips/excursions to Birds of Paradise, Batanta Waterfall, Wayag or any other excursion offered by the resort are charged at standard resort prices
By participating in this trip, you also be directly supporting our work with Raja Ampat. 15% of all Coral Explorers participation fees will go directly towards supporting our projects.
Join the Coral Explorers Raja Ampat trip and not only will you learn valuable skills that will enhance your diving and snorkelling experience, you will gain knowledge that will enable you to understand the ecological importance of coral reefs in marine systems, and how each and everyone of us is intrinsically linked to, and dependant upon, the coral reefs of the world.
CLICK HERE for more detailed information about Coral Explorers – Raja Ampat 2018, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book.